Croft Edwards MCC
Croft Edwards is a leadership and change coach and consultant based in Albuquerque, NM, USA.He is an ICF Master Certified Coach (MCC) who has been coaching and consulting since 2000. He brings a varied and unique prospective to his clients through his application of leadership from an academic, practical and historical perspectives. Croft’s academic background includes history and business and his practical background is through military leadership and leading his own consulting practice- CROFT + Company, Inc.
Croft is the author of the book LeadershipFlow | Perfectly Square: A Story About Learning to Lead and Transforming a Company which explores how to integrate his leadership methodology, LeadershipFlow in individuals and organizations. LeadershipFlow is defined as bringing out the best in individuals and organizations by tapping Flow through embodied leadership behaviors which can be learned and practiced. It is the continual intersection of four principles: Creating Culture and Expanding Capacity, Visioning the Future, Cultivating Other Leaders and Teams, and Self-Mastery.
Croft has led and actively participated in a number of leadership focused client projects, some of which include:
- Coach: Coached hundreds of individuals at all levels of organizations, hourly through executives. He has logged over 4000 coaching hours for performance improvement, motivation and transformational change.
- Lead Designer: Leadership Conversation Series for several organizations including several aerospace manufacturing plants and for the largest Native American Utility. These intensive 8-12-month courses were designed to help the organizations leaders create and shape their future aligned with their governing vision, mission and values.
- Operations Leadership Development series for a large coal mining operation in the western U.S. The center of this program was its intensive leadership curriculum for front-line supervisors.
- Performance Management Process courses and accompanying one-on-one coaching sessions with over 90 leaders of the largest platinum and palladium mining company in the western hemisphere over a three year period.
- Leading in the Multigenerational Workplace and Social Styles™. Thousands of hours facilitating to diverse audiences including large defense contractors, small businesses, mining industry and governmental agencies.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt: Croft has worked on several Lean/Six Sigma projects in the manufacturing sector. He is proficient in Lean/Six Sigma principles and has facilitated classes on these topics.
- Public Speaking: Keynote speaker on leadership, change and organizational development to a variety of organizations.
Croft learned and honed many of his leadership skills in the U. S. Army. He spent over five years on active duty in the U.S. and the Far East and has spent over 17 years in the Army National Guard and Army Reserve. The majority of his time in the Army was in leadership positions, including an M1 tank platoon leader in Korea, and as a commander of a field artillery battery in the Army National Guard. He retired from the Army Reserve in 2015.
Croft has earned a B.A. in Financial Administration from Michigan State University; a M.B.A. from Auburn University; and a M.A. of Civil War Studies, with an emphasis in Leadership and Command, from the American Military University in Manassas, Virginia. Croft’s formal coaching education is through the Leadership and Coaching Program from Villanova University and the Newfield Network in Ontological Coaching. He is a graduate of the Coaching Excellence in Organizations (CEO) program, a three year graduate level program through the Institute of Generative Leadership (IGL). He is also a graduate of several other coaching programs and is currently in the Strozzi Institute Teacher Training (SITT) program. His Master Certified Coach (MCC) designation is from the International Coach Federation (ICF), where Croft is a member in good standing. Croft is also a graduate of several U.S. military schools of leadership including the U.S. Naval War College in Newport, RI, and the Army Command and Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, KS.
Croft and his wife and three daughters spend their time on their small farm where they raise llamas, donkeys, goats and chickens. He spends his free time in his woodshop building furniture and is an avid marathoner.
A partial client list includes:
- GE- Aviation
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Georgia Pacific
- Lockheed Martin—Missiles and Fire Control
- Murphy Oil
- HollyFrontier Refining and Marketing Corporation
- Stillwater Mining Company
- The Navajo Tribal Utility Authority
- Libbey Glass
- Sherwin Williams
- US Department of Energy
- Syracuse China
- The University of Cincinnati- Clermont
- BHP Billiton New Mexico Coal
- Alliance Data Systems
- Abbott Laboratories
- Walter Energy
- Mosiac Mining
- Mike’s Express Car Wash